Adoption Resources of Wisconsin is a nonprofit organization that operates from the belief that all children, regardless of their needs, have the right to a permanent family. Since 1982, our mission has been to find permanence for every child in Wisconsin and to support, nurture and encourage healthy families. To carry out this mission, Adoption Resources operates an extensive clearinghouse of adoption information and support. We also work directly with agencies and families to help secure homes for children.
Adoption Resources of Wisconsin BELIEVES that every child deserves permanence and stability; that adoption is a lifelong journey; and that adoptive and foster families deserve the support, nurturing and encouragement they need to be strong healthy families.
- We EXIST to provide exemplary services before, during and after placement to birthparents, children waiting for adoptive homes or those aging out of foster care, adoptive and foster families, their children and the professionals who serve them. Those services include recruitment, placement support, education, training and advocacy from a quarter century of tradition and strong achievements.
- We SUPPORT foster and adoptive families with programs to embrace adoption and foster care more fully at all stages. We monitor statewide and national trends in adoption, foster and other non-parental care. We create and implement new services in response to emerging needs.
- We RESPOND to our constituents with timely, factual, objective information that enables them to make informed decisions.
- We are DEDICATED to the delivery of the highest quality services, using a collaborative team approach that respects the dignity of each individual, family and organization, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual/affectional preference or gender identification/orientation.
- We ADVOCATE that to represent children’s voices in legislative, rule-making, policy-making and political arenas and that to support and fund families adequately to be successful.
- We STRIVE to bring those voices to discussions throughout Wisconsin and the country on effective and accessible programs and services.
- We SUCCEED by providing premier services, successful outcomes, financial integrity, personal and organizational growth for greater community impact and well being. Adoption Resources of Wisconsin’s goal is continuous quality and growth of capacity to support children and families.